here is my favorite dish to make

Chilled Avocado Salad
Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. oregano
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut in bite size pieces
1 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 large Roma tomato, seeded and diced
1 green onion sliced
steps to create this yummy dish:
1. whisk oil, vinegar, salt, and oregano in large bowl. Add avocado; toss gently to coat.
2. Add rice, black beans, tomato and green onion; toss gently to mix. Cover and refridgerate for one hour. *warning- this one hour will seem like forever after making this dish and wanting to eat it right away... but this is worth the wait because it tastes best chilled. You can serve this with some tortilla chips and a eating utensil. Yum.

(I am sharing this recipe with my dear blog friend Dee from Our Little Love Nest and I figured others may want to try it too. So here you go. Hope you enjoy this dish! I found the recipe card at Walmart. I found that cute vintage owl tray at the trift store the other day. It was a match made in heaven. I love it.)
p.s. i was hoping to have an update for you on the Eco Tee Design contest. They have narrowed the designs from 50 to 5 since yesterday and next week the winner will be selected. I was hoping to find out the top 5 designs but we will have to wait till next week (sept 23rd i think). a big thank you to all that voted!
p.p.s. my next post will be the big 100th post! can you believe it? check back Monday for a special celebration post. i will be celebrating my 100th post on the 'international day of peace'. it feels like the perfect day to celebrate.
Peace & Love!

Comments

Joyti said…
O, it sounds just delicious!
kELLY said…
OH. MY.
this is a MUST try.
Unknown said…
yummm what a great salad! i'll have to try that.
YAY! Thank you!!! We had a friend with an emergency this evening so I was gone until just now. I just got your message and I so look forward to trying this! It looks delicious! xoxo
Giovanna said…
Oh this is great!! It sounds Yummy!! Thanks for sharing :)
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com
hey that looks yummy, i'll have to try it!
You Are My Fave said…
I love avocado. I've got to try this.
chloejessica said…
I love when you make this! Avacados are so yummy! :)
Keith said…
I bet that is so delicious. I'm getting hungry now.
Denisa L said…
it looks yummy!thanks for sharing
herecomesthesun said…
sounds amazing. i love the owl placement thing too!!
Anouk said…
the rice looks delicious.
Samantha said…
oh god i love avacado :] i'm trying it asap.

also thank you so so so much rachel your truely amazing<3
peace&love
Unni Strand said…
It looks very good, and since I love avocado, I have to try this one. Thank you for sharing!
mmmmmmm...that sounds so good and refreshing for summer! lovely blog!
Sierra said…
Oh my goodness this looks delicious, I want to make this right now. It just so happens that I am on an avocado kick right now too! Yay!
monkey toes said…
yum yum, now this is worth trying :D
Adele said…
hmmm sounds soo yum. avocados are my favorite! must try it sometime (: thanks for sharing and congrats on making 100! xx

Popular posts from this blog

All Works of Love are Works of Peace & 100th Post Celebration!! + giveaway

Cheers to new beginnings // happy 2015 birdys

You run through the forest, settle before the sun